Monday 15 March 2010

Here we Go . . .

I was thinking about some sort of opening statement for the blog when I happened upon this:


‘Each phenomenon on earth is an allegory, and each allegory is an open gate through which the soul, if it is ready, can pass into the interior of the world where you and I and day and night are all one. in the course of this life, every human being comes upon that gate, here or there along the way; everyone is sometime assailed by the thought that everything visible is an allegory and that behind the allegory live spirit and eternal life. ‘


Herman Hesse - Iris



So what are my ‘gates’ ?


Music, poetry, drama, sex and magick Each has it’s own power, it’s own connection. They are different and the same. There is no separation. Listening to heavy rock or looking at the pyramids. Reading a Shakespeare sonnet or fucking a freshly-whipped arse.


I intend to post whatever comes to mind, and as Shaw’s Mr Doolittle said “I put it to you and I leave it to you”.


No comments:

Post a Comment