Tuesday 23 March 2010

The title of this blog . . .

. . . comes from something I wrote 12 years ago:

If This Be Your Desire . . .

Now that I know you-
And I do know you-
(And I think,
Perhaps,
You are beginning to know yourself . . .)

Be still,
And listen to me.
Be silent.

Oh, and by the way-
Do not allow your legs to open-

Yet.

These promises are yours
As you are mine:
I promise to use you unflinchingly.
I promise that I will regard every part
of your sweet body,
As no longer yours: but mine
Mine to use accordingly,
Mine to use creatively,
Not sparing either of us
Not allowing us to wander
From our agreed agenda,
The path dictated
By our desires.

I promise to use you often,
To strip you of all shame,
To teach you that your body
(Which belongs to me)
Is beautiful: and deserves to be displayed
In all the ways I will require you to display it.

I promise to bind you,
To bring you pain and pleasure.
And to punish you
When required.

I promise to play my part,
To trust you as you trust me:
To lead you
Into that fluid ectsasy,
That secret, midnight chamber of the soul,
That place where you are mine,

And we are whole.



I wasn't with anyone at the time, it was, I suppose an invocation.

1 comment: